living in a small town is wonderful
- are there a lot of modes of transportation? nope! you either drive or you’re out of luck basically
- are there a lot of job opportunities? no! of course not
- are there things to do? hang out at the grocery store or go to the only movie theater the town has!
- are the people nice? of course not! not at all!
- are you close to anything interesting? nope! everything interesting happens hours away and you’re stuck in the middle of nowhere
I interrupt your scrolling with a picture of John Barrowman with puppies!
can we please discuss what the fuck is wrong with pennsylvania
Just remember, we gave you good sports, Motionless in White, and Bill Cosby.
Don’t forget Hebe, Curtain and Pillow Pennsylvania. Yes they are real towns as well.
Don’t forget Kutztown….
It honestly breaks my heart to think that somewhere in the world right now, Jennifer Lawrence (in addition to multiple other women) may very well be crying her eyes out because her privacy has been greatly compromised in one of the most awful ways possible. This is so fucking disgusting and whoever did this is a fucking low-life pig.
Being good to each other is so important, guys.
that went in an unexpected direction
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $400,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
30 day dc comics challenge » day 12favourite canon pairing: aquaman & queen mera"You won’t ever lose me, Arthur. True love always comes home.”
With all eyes (or at least 10.1 million sets of ‘em, judging by last year’s ratings) on the Video Music Awards, MTV has decided to use its platform to make a statement on Ferguson. As reported by the Washington Post before Sunday night’s awards, MTV will be airing a 15-second video during the show entitled “Facing Change.” The short clip is simple: a soundtrack of Ferguson protesters chanting the protest’s signature rallying call, “Hands up, don’t shoot” with a quote by James Baldwin:
"Not everything that is faced can be changed; but nothing can be changed until it is faced."
Thank you, MTV and Common, for reminding the rest of the world that the youth are tuned the fuck in, that they care, and that they realize the line between pop culture and social justice issues is nonexistent. Art imitates life, after all.